.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Monday, January 11, 2010

To See the Changes


Rooftop's a palette--
Shadows printed on the snow;
Distant laugh of kids.









Laurie's long driveway
Rolls down to Yerry Hill Road
Glistening , sparkling.

The gray sky descends
Casting its pallor about
While veiling the sun.

Sun has retreated
And left the road to grayness.
I hear my own footsteps.

Swiftly passing car
Takes the road along with it
Leaving me alone.

Gentle woodpecker
Tapping lightly on a tree
Lifting my spirits.

The unchanging bend
Is always beckoning me
To see the changes.

A wooden beacon--
The towering dead tree trunk
Still points to the sky.










Where's the magic lawn?
It's smooth green moss, now covered
With soft snow shadows











Beneath the stream's ice
Dark bubbles float by gently--
Mysterious shapes.


No comments: