.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Monday, May 10, 2010

Illumination




The sun shines so bright
Yet its light makes little heat.
Sharp shadows shiver.












Buds on the bare tree
Last to shed its skeleton
For a frill of green.







Two birds on a wire;

What thoughts pass through their bird brains
As they sit so still?


Waving on the ground
Spider shadow of a branch.
Wind whispers in woods.

Blue flowers shaking
In a light patch of sunlight--
Illumination.









The road is quiet;
I stop to hear what I can:
Only the faint wind.










The road is quiet;
I stop to hear what I can:
Only the faint wind.












Translucently bright,
Some leaves light up in the woods
For a brief instant.

Cut grass aroma
Drifts across the road to me--
Pungent smell of Spring.


No comments: