.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Monday, February 09, 2015

Snakes to the End of the Earth

 
 
 
 
 
The skies have opened;
White swirls fly around the trees;
The snow keeps falling.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Everywhere a mist--
Softly, swiftly, falling white,
Streaking screen of white.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 As I shovel snow
Wind chimes sounds a single note;
Perhaps to cheer me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







Sliding gracefully
Relaxed cross country skier
Slices the snow field.
 
 
 
 







 
 
Almost at the edge
The snow bank climbs up the fence
Soon reaching the top.
 
 
 
 
 
 









A hanging dead leaf
Shaking slightly topped with snow
Looks almost alive.
 
 
 
 
 








 
 
 
The white ribbon road
Snakes to the end of the earth
Dropping off the edge.
 
 
 
 
 
 








"I love the silence,"
She says I pass her house.
I smile and move on.












No comments: