.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Thursday, May 17, 2012

We Share an Instant


 

 Light through my windows
Lands on my kitchen table
Casting dark shadows.

 

Surrounded by sun
On every side of the house--
I must surrender.

 

Water still running
In the stream outside my door;
No clouds in the sky.

 
 
Mia and Issy
Find a new discovery
At the school bus stop.


First bright buttercups
Lift their faces to the sky.
Always more than one.

Shadows in the trees
Dapple the day lit forest--
Darkness upon light.


Trembling in the breeze,
Butterfly sitting on a leaf.
We share an instant.


Sunlight is silent;
Shadows fall without a sound.
Only my shoes clunk.


Often at this time
Sun illumines the green leaves
Above the dead bush.

 



















































No comments: