.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Persistence of Light

 





Squirrels are taunting me;
"Dixie" plays in the background;
The birds keep eating.






 



  

The sun shines brightly,
Showing my dirty windows--
Where there's up, there's down.

















Color on the lawn
Flashing red and leaping blue--
The kids play again.










I forget my hat--
Step into the hope of Spring
And breathe winter's last.
















This little white cage
Has enclosed nothing but air
The fall and winter.




 





From light through branches
To light through the split tree trunk;
Persistence of light.





 





Sunlight on the snow
Is bright and more forgiving
On this warm March day.








Out of sight, not sound
Wild geese passing over head.
(From my memory?)









































No comments: