.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Leaving Just Silence

Welcome to the one thousandth blog of Yerry Hill Road Haiku. One thousand! It is hard to believe and wonderful to experience. After a year or two without pictures I introduced photographs. At first I meant every picture to illustrate a particular haiku. Then I found that some pictures stood alone as visual "haiku". 
The amazing thing is that it never gets tiresome. It never gets old. Indeed, every time I think that I have been here before something happens. It can be a hawk flying across my face or a bear walking across the road or a particularly beautiful configuration of clouds and sun. One thousand? Why I feel like I have just begun.
Light on the table
Radiates through the window
This winter morning.




On this still morning
Tiny sounds are magnified.
Branches dip slightly.




Like transparent bones
Icicle hangs from the roof
Holding reflections.



 


Under the snow dots
Brown forsythia buds wait
To burst in yellow.



 


Tiny frozen drops
Hang over the quiet stream
Clinging to thin limbs.




In the ice blue sky
An invisible bird calls
Leaving just silence.





Delicate saplings
Stand with their green limbs outstretched,
Embracing the snow.





Springing from the snow
Dark wires coil from the whiteness;
(A mixed metaphor).



No comments: