.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Monday, September 05, 2016

Maybe They Will Learn












Folded brown leaf lies
Neatly, next to the old broom--
Waiting on the porch.
























Its green leaves outstretched
Catching the rays of the sun
Seems to wave at me.






















Poised like a dancer:
Heron at edge of the pond
Watching me watch him.































Small green leaves climbing
Over the gray brown tree stump
Whisper life to it.
























From the dark forest

A flat smooth patch shines brightly:
Flowing stream below.






















Mysterious road
Appears to me on my walk.
I've never seen it.






















Bouquet of briers
Erupts from the steel road fence.
Present,  anyone?





















Bears have knocked it down
But they can't pick the lock yet.
(Maybe they will learn.)


































































No comments: