.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I Stop and Listen








 Platters of sunlight
Served gently on my front lawn.
Green is everywhere.





 






 There's so much to do,
But the walk always comes first--
Life priorities!






 








Bright morning stillness;
Transformer's deafening hum;
All is relative.















Bright mist in the grass:
The careful spider has caught
Just the morning dew.















 Nestled in bushes,
True denizen of the woods:
The old wild mail box.
















Its bark is peeling--
Tall dead tree is unmoving;
Gobbled by the wind.

















When all that I hear
Is the sound of my sandals
I stop and listen.











 



Deftly suspended,
Defying all gravity--
Limb caught in its fall.












 


No comments: