.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The World's Her Haiku

Two months have passed in the twinkling of an eye that lasts forever. Such is the nature of creative time. Such is the nature of kid time. And I am back on my familiarly strange journey on Yerry Hill Road. What a pleasure. 

Sun splashing on lawn
Glowing green through tree leaves;
Adventure resumes.
Did I ever leave
Just ten weeks ago?
When did I return?
Watching the traffic,
Blue hickory lines the road
Marking summer's end.
Tight clenched little fists,
Queen Anne's Lace ready to burst
Into white brilliance.
Shadowed curving road
Twists back into memory;
Have only I changed?


 

Cool voice of the woods
Breathes softly across my face
Its pungent secrets.

A child's soft chatter,
Walking with mom by the road.
The world's her haiku.
Field of goldenrod
Nodding gently to the sun
Returns its favor.

No comments: