.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In Only Nine Weeks




After nine weeks in south New Jersey as head counselor and theater director at Appel Farm Arts Camp, I return to my beloved Yerry Hill Road. From the rush and wonder of creative energy with kids and staff, to my solitude on my mountain. This is my Gemini routine.


Under the gray sky
A gentle breeze welcomes me;
Chicory rustles.










In only nine weeks

New color palettes emerge:
Blue, white, yellow.

I am a stranger
To the rushing crashing stream
And the puffing breeze.

Saint Francis and cat
Both watch me in stone stillness;
And I stare right back.









A jungle of ferns,
Saplings, moss and greenery
Sprout from the dead log.












A flat large green leaf

Balanced on a slender stem
Grows from the old oak.

Myriad petals
Glow yellow in the pale light:
Stand of goldenrod.









A touch of orange
Lying on the billowed green
Foretells the future.





No comments: