.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Walk Shadowed Road



Weed in my front yard;
It was not there yesterday.
Will it tomorrow?









In the field, wood posts;
Do fences make good neighbors?
No. Just good fences.

Growing in the shade
Delicate blue flowers bloom.
No excess sun here.












Now lilacs wilt;
Bright purple gives way to brown.
Butterfly floats by.

Bright golden flowers
Happily soak up the sun.
Exchange of color.


















Suddenly a breeze
Gently shakes and shivers leaves;
Suddenly is gone.

Glowing golden hairs
Rest upon small white petals.
Is this a flower?

On left, sunny field;
On my right a darkened woods.
I walk shadowed road.


N.B.
[I have always posted the haiku on the day that I have written them. This one is the exception. I walked and wrote on May 30 but posted them today. Today was a very different day, cloudy, sunny, rainy, thunderstorms.]

No comments: