.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Sunday, September 30, 2007

UNTIL NOVEMBER





Every Autumn I go to Seattle to spend a month with my daughter, grand daughter and son in law. So, for the next month, I will be climbing the hills of the Northwest instead of my familiar Yerry Hill Road. I will still be publishing my haiku, as I have become a haiku addict. For those who want to check it out I will be sporadically publishing on my other haiku blog, Haiku To You located at http://haikutoyou.blogspot.com.

Goat bleat and wood smoke:
Sounds and smells in the morning.
There's so much motion.

Old darkened tree stump
Seems to be hiding in shade
Out of way of life.

Some trees are bare now;
Their branches bereft of leaves.
Others will join them.








Lying on dirt road
A deflated rubber ball
Waiting to be squished.

All is quiet now;
No sounds carried by the wind,
Just dry tick of leaves.

They are evergreen;
Must be the way they soak sun
Shining to winter.

The road is peaceful;
Birds sing and dry leaves stutter,
Then dumb schmuck roars by.

The dogs are barking
Penned up on this gorgeous day.
(I would bark as well).

No comments: