.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Monday, May 18, 2015

A May Houdini!


 


05/17/2015


A balmy Spring day--
Lilacs and the clouds compete
For subdued pleasure.























Small purple towers
Have sprung up in my side lawn.
Where did they come from?

























Green ferns, white flowers
Flourishing next to my house.
Just where have I been?





















On soft misty days
While birds chirp incessantly
Insects tease my eyes.




















Hanging in mid air
Green caterpillar wriggles--
A May Houdini!


















 


Insects all around;
What is that taste in my mouth?
Grapefruit or a bug?



















Bird shit on front porch;
(The price of my feathered friends);
A speckled Spring treat.













05/18/2015






Lilac aroma
Hangs on my kitchen table
Above the purple.



















Spring rain is coming;
The gray clouds portend the news.
Oh Alleluiah!
















 

White, yellow and blue:
Dots among the blades of grass;
My front lawn palette.





















Winter twig and branch
Undergo a Spring cleaning.
Endless farmer's work.






















Conversation floats
Down to the gray and still road
From house on the hill.




















For a million years
These ancient ferns survived
As green as today.














Even its hard shell
Could not protect the turtle
From the rushing car.












Weeding and talking
Soft strains of community
And meaning of life.

















No comments: