.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Footprints in the Snow




  


A pale white dusting
This shortest day of the year.
Winter's ghost appears.



 



 Suddenly grown old
Trees and bushes with their white
Like ancient sages.




 



 Footprints in the snow
Pass me and go behind me.
I cannot look back.




 



 The road is silent
Save for the high pitched singing
Of the wood spirits.



 




 The woodpecker stops;
He's near but I can't see him.
(He is watching me.)




 



In Spring they're white puffs;
In winter they become brown.
Always a contrast.







 Pine needles speckled
With a thousand grains of ice--
Each one translucent.









Joggers and walkers
And little puppy dogs, too;
Now the road is full.









No comments: