.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Friday, April 26, 2013

Wild Geese Caw Calling



Wild geese caw calling
Past near my bedroom window:
Spring on Yerry Hill.


How long has it been
Since I last walked on this road?
Eons of seasons.


My forsythia
Illuminates the front lawn.
Happy rooster crows.




Gray clouds in the stream;
Strewn garbage in the forest;
Perfect! Imperfect!


Where is St. Francis?
His spot is marked by flowers.
Has kindness fled too?



These small round green plants
Flourishing by the road side
Bear delicious fruit


Ghost thinks I have food;
Sticks his big nose through the fence.
He looks so silly.


Not that much has changed
In the month since I was here.
Where's flowering spring?
























































No comments: