.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Monday, November 12, 2012

How Can I Forget?




To my father, Lt.Col.Nathan B.Bluestone, MD (1905-1948)  who, from the beaches of Normandy to Berlin, never forgot that he was a healer.
 


It's Veteran's Day;
We are told to remember;
How can I forget?
 
 

Sun is just rising;
Silence inside and outside;
No birds; no squirrels.




A door through a door;
Portals in and out of barn;
Cow moos in darkness.

Light breaks on the trees
Illuminating the woods;
True morning glory!

Puddle in a stream--
Is that an oxymoron?
It's so very still.

My shadow leads me;
I will follow it today.
(We are so attached).

Down the mountain side:
Misty faint lit hall of trees--
Ephemeral door.

Shadows in the woods
Are sharp as the morning sun,
And just as fickle.

No comments: