.post-body entry-content { margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px; }

Wednesday, October 07, 2009


You died on this day,
Twelve soft long Autumns ago.
I still miss you, Ma.

How the wind does rage
Swirling the leaves through the air,
Brown fluttering clouds.












Top of the tree:
Two leaf bunches resist wind,
The only ones left.












Bright red maple leaf
Wedged in bark of a tree,
Filed for the winter.

Woods are gentle brown;
Leaves and wind form the palette;
Sunlight paints the strokes.

In front of the fir,
Speckled leaves wait to be blown;
Fir's going nowhere.











Clouds cover the sun,
Road becomes dark and eerie.
My mood changes, too.

My foot kicks a twig;
It rolls noiselessly away,
Swollen by the rain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I love your blog. And being from the desert, I delight in seeing the rich trees of New York. I am writing a dissertation about the concept of play as it relates to the performance of music. I would like to ask permission to use your haiku:
Grayness then brightness;
Rush of light then bowing trees-
Play of sun, wind, clouds
Please contact me at chelseacgreen@yahoo.com if you would like more information.

Thank you, sir!